Visit our main website: excaliburspeakers.com

Friday 17 April 2015

Greetings from Andrew Bennett

Dear Excaliburgers,
                                                         
We are now one day away from London Division B Contest and Comedy Workshops. I hope that you will be attending and cheering on Errol as he speaks. Unfortunately I have to tell you that a last minute change in the schedule for a recording project I am involved with means that I have to be in Marseille on Saturday and Sunday and so will not be able to compete in Evaluation Contest on behalf of Area 52. My place will be taken by Toastmaster Pedro Casillas who I am sure will excel.

This is in fact the first singing contract I have been able to undertake in the 5 months since I fell ill which means that I must follow through for my agent and colleagues who have been so supportive and patient.

I will of course be sad not to compete on Saturday, but I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the members of our club who have sent me messages of support during my illness - every one has been greatly appreciated. Although I have to have some further treatment in May I am looking forward optimistically to the future and  to seeing you at our meeting.

In fact I am coming to the special Speak Out meeting at the CAA next Thursday - hope to see you there,

Immediate Past President, Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment